GoBoat’s alcohol policy has been developed after lots of deliberation taking various conditions into consideration. To us, freedom on the water is essential, but safety must always come first. Out on the water there should be room for everyone and that’s why we urge you to be good neighbours. This alcohol policy applies to anyone who sails with GoBoat and must be always adhered to.
Fortunately most of our guests follow the rules. However, we need to emphasise that guests that do not comply with the alcohol policy will be rejected without a refund. We reserve the right to interrupt an ongoing sailing trip, if one or more guests do not adhere, without a refund.
We have crew on the water to help our guests wherever necessary. If we receive a message about drunkenness or any anti-social behaviour this will be forwarded to the service captain patrolling the canals to make sure everything is in order.
To put it simply: you’ll have the best trip by respecting our alcohol policy and everyone else who’s on the water.
Alcohol policy in short
Paddington is an alcohol-free location. If you would like to enjoy a few drinks while on your GoBoat adventure, please visit one of our other locations.
- At Kingston, Birmingham and Canary Wharf, all passengers of legal drinking age may bring one of the following options:
- 2 small bottles or cans of beer
- 2 cans of pre-mixed drinks or seltzers
- half a bottle of wine, prosecco or similar
- If you appear to be intoxicated on arrival, we will not permit anyone in your party to take alcohol aboard. We do not tolerate drunkenness.
- The captain (driver) must not be under the influencer of alcohol and may not drink alcohol at any time during your GoBoat trip
- You're only allowed to bring beer, cider, wine, bubbles and pre mixed alcohol onboard.
- The alcohol percent can be no more than 15%. This means that straight sprits are not allowed.
Violation of GoBoat's alcohol policy
- If you show up drunk at check in you will not be allowed in the boat and there's no possibility of a refund.
- if you show up at check in with more or stronger alcohol than allowed you cannot sail out until you have disposed of the alcohol. GoBoat reserves the right to confiscate alcohol that's is not permitted. You will get back the alcohol after the trip has ended.
We thank you for your understanding in helping us make the waterways a safe space for everyone, and hope you have a wonderful trip!