Rent a boat in Thames Ditton
Hire a boat in Thames Ditton with GoBoat - now open!
Hello Thames Ditton! It's time to explore the Thames and see the river from a new perspective in a GoBoat. Our fully-electric powered boats fit up to 8 people and are easy to sail. Be your own captain and charter your own route while enjoying a unique social sailing experience with friends, family or colleagues.
GoBoat is located on Summer Road, in the village of Thames Ditton. Bring a picnic with you and take a leisurely trip along the river in either direction from your starting point. You're in for a picturesque experience seeing these sights from the water:
- Hampton Court Palace
- Thames Ditton Island
- Raven's Ait Island
- Kingston riverside
- Steven's Eyot
- Trowlock Island
- Teddington Lock
Your GoBoat experience in Thames Ditton
Renting a boat in Thames Ditton
We have 1-hour (£85-£105), 2-hour (£125-£145) and 3-hour (£165-£185) trips available.
We strongly recommend you book online if possible, although there may be some walk-up availability on some days. Throughout the summer holidays we are likely to be sold out in advance.
We'll teach you how to steer your GoBoat and instruct you about the rule of the water before you set off. No license required. Check out how sailing a GoBoat works.
Rules and information about renting a GoBoat in Thames Ditton:
- A maximum of 8 people can fit in a GoBoat
- No license or prior experience is needed
- Alcohol restrictions apply: a maximum of two beers/ cans or half a bottle of wine per person. The captain (driver) must remain sober at all times.
- A GoBoat's speed is about 3 knots (3.5mph) so you can enjoy each other's company and the sights along the river
- You can reschedule or make amendments up to 48 hours before your booking
- Click here to view the map of the route
Where is Thames Ditton?
Thames Ditton is a village in Surrey, situated on the River Thames. GoBoat is located on Summer Road.
Where can I park?
The nearest car park is Ashley Road Car Park which is a 7 minute walk from GoBoat Thames Ditton.
Is there a toilet?
We have a toilet within our building for customer use. There are no toilets onboard the boats.
Do you sell food and drink?
We do not currently sell food at GoBoat Thames Ditton. We have a small selection of soft drinks available.
Where is the nearest place to buy food and drink?
No, we do not currently sell food. There are lots of local cafes within Thames Ditton village which are just a short walk away from our location. We recommend allowing time to pick up food before you arrive for your trip, or bringing a picnic from home.
What's the nearest train station?
Thames Ditton train station is a 10 minute walk from GoBoat
Can I go through locks?
No, GoBoats are not permitted to go through locks
Where can I explore?
From GoBoat Thames Ditton you can head upriver to Hampton Court Palace or downriver all the way to Teddington.
Boat rental in Thames Ditton - where to find GoBoat
- Our address: 44 Summer Rd, Thames Ditton KT7 0QQ
- Opening times: We're open 7 days a week from 9.30am until sunset. Check the booking system for availability.
- Public transportation: we are a 10 minute walk from Thames Ditton rail station which is connected directly to London Waterloo.