Winter weather at GoBoat blankets provided Paddington

Our weather policy

At GoBoat, we want our customers to have a safe and enjoyable boating experience. We monitor weather conditions to ensure that we can provide you with the best possible service. In case of adverse weather, we have a clear policy in place to ensure that you are informed and taken care of.

Our crew conducts a thorough dynamic risk assessment, which encompasses risk factors relating to weather, and we kindly ask customers to understand and respect their final decision as no negotiations or discussions will be entertained.

At GoBoat, our priority is to ensure the safety of our customers and crew. We understand that cancellations may cause inconvenience, but we believe that safety should always come first.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Rain and Snow

We operate as usual in wet or snowy weather conditions, but if visibility becomes severely impaired, we may cancel the sail-out. Our crew conducts a dynamic risk assessment on the day of the sail-out, and their decision is final. If the crew determines that visibility is too low to operate safely, they will cancel the sail-out.


We do not offer cancellations due to thunderstorms or lightning but are willing to reschedule to a day with two weeks of your original booking if you feel uncomfortable. Our crew follows a dynamic risk assessment procedure to determine if it is safe to operate. If our crew determines that it is unsafe to operate, we will cancel the booking. 

Strong Winds

For strong winds, we have a specified limit to which we allow our boats to sail or not, and we determine safety based on that limit. If winds are within our permitted sailing parameters, customers cannot cancel or reschedule their booking without forfeit. It is important to note that in activities such as ours, the distance travelled will be affected by strong winds, and as a result, the journey may be affected. We want our customers to have the best possible experience while prioritising their safety.

Adverse Weather Cancellation Policy

If we determine that weather conditions are not suitable for sailing, we will cancel the booking either one or two days before the scheduled sail-out depending on the extremity of environmental conditions. We will inform customers of the cancellation via phone, email or text message and provide them with the option to reschedule their booking or wait until their booked time slot has passed in order to receive a voucher. In the event that the weather improves and we can safely operate, we will contact customers who have chosen to wait by phone as soon as possible to inform them of the change in conditions. Customers will then have the option to proceed with the original booking or reschedule it for a later date.