Rent a boat in Kingston
Private boat rental in Kingston from only £85
*Please note - we are now only open at our Kingston venue from Fri-Sun each week. However, we are open at our neighbouring Thames Ditton venue 7 days a week!*
It's time to take to the waters of The Thames and see the river from an entirely new perspective in a GoBoat. Our fully-electric powered boats fit up to 8 people and are easy to sail. Be your own captain and charter your own route while enjoying a unique social sailing experience with friends, family or colleagues.
GoBoat is located on Riverside Walk, just next to Kingston Bridge. Bring a picnic with you and take a leisurely trip along the Thames in either direction from your starting point. You're in for a fantastic picturesque experience seeing these sights from the water:
- Kingston Bridge
- Raven's Ait Island
- Thames Ditton
- Steven's Eyot
- Trowlock Island
- Teddington Lock
- Hampton Court Palace
Your GoBoat experience in Kingston
Renting a boat on the Thames in Kingston
We have 1-hour (£85-£105), 2-hour (£125-£145), 3-hour (£165-£185) and 4-hour (£195-£205) trips available, however, we do recommend booking online and showing up 15 minutes before your booked time.
We strongly recommend you book online if possible, although there may be some walk-up availability. Throughout the summer holidays we are likely to be sold out on most days.
We'll teach you how to steer your GoBoat and instruct you about the rule of the water before you set off. No license required. Have a look at how sailing a GoBoat works.
Rules and information about renting a GoBoat in Kingston-upon-Thames:
- A maximum of 8 people can fit in a GoBoat
- No license or prior experience is needed
- Alcohol restrictions apply: a maximum of two beers/ cans or half a bottle of wine per person. The captain (driver) must remain sober at all times.
- A GoBoat's speed is about 3 knots (3.5mph) so you can enjoy each other's company and the sights along the river
- You can reschedule or make amendments up to 48 hours before your booking
- View the map of where you can sail in Kingston here
Boat rental in Kingston - where to find GoBoat
- Our address: Riverside Walk, Kingston, KT1 1QN
- Opening time: We're open 7 days a week from 9.30am until sunset. Check the booking system for availability.
- Public transportation: both Kingston rail station and bus station are within a 10 minute walk of the GoBoat pontoon