Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
What these terms cover
These are the terms and conditions on which you may hire a “GoBoat” from us for the Rental Period (the “Services“). Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
As lead booker you agree to these terms on behalf of each other person on your booking (your “Crew”). You will nominate a captain which could be yourself or any other member of the crew over 18 and the captain will be responsible for handling the boat in accordance with the handover procedure given upon arrival. You agree to be responsible for ensuring each member of your Crew adheres to these terms and conditions, where applicable.
Our contract with you
- Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we email you to confirm it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
Conditions for boat rental
- The Captain (and any other person(s) sailing the GoBoat) must be at least 18 years of age and must remain sober throughout the entire duration of the journey (the “Rental Period”). Valid proof of identity may be required for proof of age of the captain (and any other person(s) sailing the GoBoat).
- All prices displayed are subject to change without notice before a booking is confirmed.
- The Lead Booker agrees to the terms and conditions on behalf of each member of your group. You will be the primary contact with GoBoat and will accept any communications/correspondence from GoBoat on behalf of your entire party. The Lead booker assumes the full responsibility of the boat and all its equipment.
- At the time of booking, you must provide GoBoat with your contact details.
- Otherwise applicable law regarding refunds/returns of online purchases does not apply to boat rental and thus GoBoat bookings. However, please read our cancellation policy below for details on how you can cancel.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Any reports of anti-social behaviour will be taken seriously, and your Rental Period will be ended if GoBoat management deem your behaviour to be of an anti-social manner.
- GoBoat reserves the right to refuse hire at their sole discretion.
- GoBoat may conduct security searches of all belongings and/or outer clothing upon entry, exit or at any time whilst at GoBoat including alcohol checks. You agree to comply with all security checks required to access GoBoat. GoBoat may refuse admission and/or remove you from GoBoat if you fail to comply with the relevant security checks.
Using the GoBoat
When making a booking and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to the following rules in relation to use of the GoBoat:
- The lead booker has the full responsibility and shall be held accountable for the GoBoat and all its equipment during the entire duration of the journey.
- The captain is responsible for ensuring the boat is navigated safely in accordance with the handover brief and as part of their responsibility set out in the Hire Boat Code. We recommend reading the boaters handbook before arrival.
- GoBoats are not allowed through any canal locks under any circumstances.
- The Captain and all passengers must remain in the boat at all times except when written permission has been given by GoBoat management.
- A safe distance must always be kept between all other vessels and users on the water.
- Life jackets are available for all customers and we recommend that they are worn during the entire journey for your own safety. Should you choose not to wear a life jacket or to remove your life jacket you do so at your own risk. Children under the age of 16 are required to wear lifejackets throughout the entire journey.
- No bathing, swimming or jumping into the water is permitted at any time.
- Rubbish must not be thrown into the water. Rubbish must be retained and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
- No portable heating or cooking equipment such as barbeques or camping gas stoves are allowed on the GoBoat.
- Speakers or other music players are not allowed onboard the GoBoat.
- Anti-social behaviour (which we will be entitled to judge in our opinion) of any kind will not be tolerated and may result in the early termination of your booking without refund and/ or a fine. Further details of fines are included below.
- In case of accidental damage to the GoBoat, the engine or other equipment the renter is liable for a maximum £1000 of repairing such damage as we will determine. If we determine that the damage has been caused by intentional, reckless or negligent behaviour the lead booker is liable for the full cost of the damage.
When you arrive for your booking, we will undertake a detailed handover process to ensure you are able to safely operate the GoBoat. The Captain will be asked to sign the Handover Procedure to ensure you understand how to operate the GoBoat. It is a condition of us providing the Services to you that you do agree to the Handover Procedure.
- If you do not return the GoBoat on time at the end of your Rental Period you will be charged £25 for every 15 minutes beyond the agreed Rental Period.
- It is your responsibility as the renter to inform us if the GoBoat is not back before closing time. If this is not done and we deem it necessary to start a search for the boat, the costs and expenses in connection with this will be charged to you.
- We reserve the right to fine you £30 per each instance of anti-social behaviour as outlined below:
- Your designated captain of the GoBoat seen drinking alcohol
- Getting off the boat for any reason other than an emergency
- Public urination
- No alcohol is allowed on our boats in Paddington.
- A small amount of alcohol per passenger is allowed at all other GoBoat locations excluding Paddington. Exact allowances for alcohol are specified in our alcohol policy.
- The Captain, and anyone who drives the GoBoat, must not be under the influence of alcohol at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the boats if any member of your crew is deemed to be showing signs of excess alcohol consumption (in our sole discretion) before your Rental Period commences. Refunds will not be offered if we refuse you/ your Crew access to the boats due to excess alcohol consumption.
- For more information on our alcohol policy, please follow this link
Making changes to your booking
At GoBoat, we understand that circumstances may change, and you may need to make changes to your booking. Our refund/cancellation policy is designed to provide you with clear information about your options in such circumstances.
- Making changes to your booking: If you made your booking directly through our website, you can make changes to your booking yourself up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled sail out time by following the ‘Edit Booking’ link in your Booking Confirmation email.
- Rescheduling: If you need to reschedule your booking, you must give us at least 48 hours notice prior to your scheduled sail out time. If you give us less than 48 hours notice, or if you fail to show up for your booking, you will be unable to amend your booking and subsequently will forfeit the full cost of your booking.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your booking, you must give us at least 48 hours notice prior to your scheduled sail out time in order to receive a voucher refund for your booking or to have your booking rescheduled. We do not offer cash refunds for cancellations. If you give us less than 48 hours notice, or if you fail to show up for your booking, you will forfeit the full cost of your booking.
- Cash Refunds: We do not offer cash refunds in any circumstances other than if we cancel a booking, due to adverse weather or any other operational issues. If we cancel a booking, we will provide you with as much notice as possible and a full refund of your booking if you wish.
- Refund Processing: Crew members are unable to issue refunds or voucher credits. If you encounter an issue on the day of your booking, please speak to the Location Manager or contact our Customer Service team to open a request for a refund. Our Customer Service team will review your request and assist you as appropriate.
- Changes to Our Refund Policy: GoBoat reserves the right to change this refund policy at any time. Changes will be posted on our website and will take effect immediately
We want you to be completely satisfied with your GoBoat experience, and we are here to help if you have any questions or concerns. If you have any questions about our refund policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Weather Cancellation Policy
We reserve the right to cancel or cut short any booking if it is not safe to operate. As an outdoor water-based activity our operation is heavily reliant on good environmental conditions in order for safe navigation. If we deem the conditions to be unsafe we may have to cease operation.
The decision to cease operation will be made by GoBoat and no discussion will be entered into, regardless of a customer’s experience in boats or on the water.
We will always endeavour to contact customers with as much notice as possible if cancellation of a booking is likely and when cancellation is confirmed.
In the event of cancellation at short notice we will do our best to reschedule your booking for a date and time convenient to you. You can read our full weather policy here.
Our Rights to end the contract
1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
(a) we do not receive your payment;
(b) you fail to adhere to health and safety guidelines detailed in the Handover Procedure, Rental Conditions or any other condition in this contract;
(c) your captain or any member of your party refuses to sign the handover procedure
If we end the contract in the situations set out above, we will be entitled to keep any money you have paid in advance for Services we have not provided.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Services (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price advised to you is correct.
- We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards. You must pay in full at the time of booking.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Services.
3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Services for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Processing of personal information
1 We will use the personal information you provide to us:
(a) to supply all relevant information relating to your booking to you;
(b) to process your payment for our Services; and
(c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
2 We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
Other important terms
1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else . You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
6 These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
We do not charge an additional security deposit. Additional charges are outlined in sections 5 and 8.
Photography, Filming and Experiential Marketing
Filming and Photography that is for commercial use and/or requires access aboard one of our boats will need prior approval. All photography and filming of a commercial nature is subject to a charge. Production companies must provide a location agreement and public liability insurance certificate prior to filming.
From time to time GoBoat or other authorised third parties may carry out photography, filming or other recording at our locations and any images or recordings may feature customers. Customers consent to the use of such images by GoBoat for the purposes of marketing, promotions or monitoring. Copyright in these images belongs to GoBoat and/or any authorised third party.
Passengers with medical conditions
Passengers with specific medical requirements must be reasonably satisfied that before they board a GoBoat that they are medically fit to travel. If you have any reason to suspect, or ought reasonably to know, that you have a condition which might be exacerbated by the normal operation of a GoBoat or could cause you difficulty if you do not have medical assistance before the trip has ended then you should not sail. If you have any doubt whatsoever you are obliged to seek professional medical advice before travelling with us. Whenever you are aware of a health condition but have been advised that you are fit to travel provided certain precautions are taken (for example, use of medication), it is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that all such precautions are in fact taken before, during and after the trip, as the case may be and that you are able to produce written evidence of your fitness to travel, if requested to do so.
Voucher and Gift Card Policy
At GoBoat, we offer gift cards and vouchers that can be used towards the purchase of our services. Our gift card / voucher policy is designed to provide you with clear information about the use of these products.
- Expiration Dates: All gift cards and vouchers are sold with an expiration date, which is specified at the time of purchase. The expiration date is non-negotiable, and gift cards and vouchers cannot be extended. If you are unable to use your gift card or voucher before the expiration date, you will not be able to redeem its value.
- Redemption: Gift cards and vouchers can be redeemed for our boat rental services at the location you have selected. The monetary value of the gift card or voucher can be used within 24 months from the date of purchase. Please note that the value of the gift card or voucher is fixed and cannot be adjusted to reflect changes in prices from season to season. For example, if you have a 2-hour gift card with a value of £135, it will retain its value of £135, even if prices increase. To redeem your gift card or voucher, simply enter the unique code at checkout when making your booking. Gift cards and vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or other products unless explicitly specified at the time of purchase.
- Site Specific: All of our vouchers are site-specific, please ensure you take extra care when purchasing gift cards that it is for the correct location. We are unable to amend the value or location of your gift card once it has been purchased.
- Changes to Our Gift Card / Voucher Policy: GoBoat reserves the right to change this gift card / voucher policy at any time. Changes will be posted on our website and will take effect immediately.
We hope that you will enjoy using your GoBoat gift card or voucher. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Pandemics and states of emergency
In the event of an enforced Government lockdown due to a pandemic on the date of your booking, GoBoat London reserves the right to provide you with a voucher for use of the services on another date for when the lockdown has been lifted and GoBoat is able to operate normally.
Information about us and how to contact us
We are W&S London Ltd trading as ‘GoBoat London’ a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10380015 and our registered office is at 23 Chiltern Drive, Surbiton, United Kingdom, KT5 8LP. Our registered VAT number is 265072801. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 20 3887 6855 or by writing to us at email@example.com
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.